CAPTAINS CORNER & PLAYER RESOURCES
Welcome to the resources page for league captains and players This page is full of information to keep you informed and in the know for league play in the Piedmont.
Can’t find what you are looking for contact Susan Brodeur, Piedmont USTA League Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGULATIONS TO NOTE….
- Effective 2020, Piedmont leagues will remain 3 doubles for 40 & over Adult Spring League. State championships and southern sectionals will be 3 doubles/1 singles.
- Local playoff matches DO NOT count toward qualifying players for minimum required matches played to be eligible for State Championships.
- Players will need to have played in 2 matches locally to play in team playoff match for USTA Adult Spring League
- Effective January 2021, the plus (+) leagues have been eliminated for USTA Adult League. This effects 18 & Over 5.0+ and 40 & Over 4.5+ leagues. These leagues are now 18 & Over 5.0 (4.5 and 5.0 NTRP players are eligible for this league) and 40 & Over 4.5 (4.0 & 4.5 NTRP players are eligible for this league.
- USTA North Carolina is creating a statewide play opportunity for the NEW “OPEN” Leagues. 18 & Over OPEN league will be available for 5.0 and above players. The 40 & Over OPEN league will be available for 4.5 and above NTRP players. NTRP ratings are not calculated for these 2 leagues.
Resources Just for You
Know the Rules
Local Playoff Information
- 2021 Spring Adult Playoff Schedule – TBD
- 2021 Summer Mixed, Singles & Tri-Level Playoff Schedule – TBD
- 2021 Fall Combo Doubles Playoff Schedule – TBD
- Refund Policy: All players requesting a refund of their Local Fees and State Head Tax charges will be given a refund when requesting prior to their teams first match. The $3 TennisLink fee is nonrefundable. Requests should be submitted to the Local League Coordinator stating reason for refund. Refunds will be disbursed mid-season. Players should submit the REFUND REQUEST FORM
- Refund Request Form
- Refund Policy
League VIP Incentive
- Do you really LOVE to play tennis? This is the incentive for you! Play on 10 teams in 2020, and get your 11th team registration FREE!
Note: These teams, including the 11th team, must be within the 2020 calendar year. Only Leagues that advance to a State Championship count towards the total teams played (Adult, Mixed, Combo, Singles, Tri-Level).
Growth League Incentive
- Are you playing in one of our Growth Leagues – 30 & Under, Fireball Bar League, Racquets & Jackets Winter League, etc? Have you thought about playing in an Advancing League with USTA? If you join an Adult, Mixed Doubles, Combo, Tri-Level, or NCTA Singles league for the first time and have previously played in one of our Growth Leagues, we’ll reimburse your first league fee!
Bring a Friend to Tennis
- Are you getting your friends involved in tennis? For every new or returning player you bring to USTA, you will receive $10!
Note: a returning player is defined as someone who has not played on any league team from 2016-2019.
GRETA Summer Captains Promotion
- Captains Register for $3.00 – DATES TBD once USTA League play hold ends – Mixed, NCTA Singles & Tri-Level
- Only 1 captain per team
- Team and Player registration begins on TBD at the $26 local league fee
GRETA Community Member Testimonials
GRETA has allowed our jr's to get more matches and play time.
"GRETA is all about helping the game of tennis grow in our area. A friend moved here last spring from Atlanta and I reached out to the office for assistance in getting this relocated player involved in a tri-level team. BAM! Registered and on a team in a matter of days."
"After playing recreational tennis 90 minutes a week for a year with my friends, I knew that I wanted to devote more of my time learning this sport I love but I wasn't sure where to start. After getting a recommendation from a member of GRETA, I signed up for the Try Tennis program. Try Tennis introduced me to local tennis pros who helped me start learning proper technique and how to participate in USTA leagues. Thanks to GRETA I am now fully involved in our local tennis community through volunteering opportunities, getting coached by Guilford County tennis pros, and playing weekly tennis with many new friends that I meet playing in Piedmont league matches."