CAPTAIN & PLAYER RESOURCES
Welcome to the resources page for league captains and players. This page is full of information to keep you informed and in the know for league play in the Piedmont. Each league also has its own dedicated page with more specific details such as season dates and the dates when team registrations open.
Scroll down to view information on rules, NTRP information, tournament information, helpful video links, and much more!
Can’t find what you are looking for contact Susan Brodeur, Piedmont USTA League Coordinator at email@example.com.
Know the Rules
All players, teams, and local leagues must abide by all USTA rules & regulations. The regulations are categorized by geographic areas: Piedmont (our local playing area, North Carolina, Southern Section, and National.
- Piedmont Local League REGULATIONS
- State, National & Southern League REGULATIONS
- Friend at Court and The Code
- The Code is a helpful section in Friend at Court (begins on page 36) that explains rules, etiquette & match play situations.
- Remember, USTA league matches are un-officiated.
- Coman Tie Break Procedure
- Refund Policy for GRETA and USTA NC
League Schedules, Playoffs & Championship Information
- Piedmont Leagues Chart
- Piedmont Match Site Locations
- Spring League Schedule of Play
- Summer League Schedule of Play
- Fall League Schedule of Play
- State Tournament Information
- 2022 State Tournament Wildcard Chart
- Sectional Tournament Information
- 2022 Spring Adult PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
- Summer Mixed & Singles PLAYOFF SCHEDULE
- Fall Combo Doubles PLAYOFF SCHEDULE – REVISED 8.31
Resources & How To’s
- CAPTAINS MEETING – Slide Presentation – 2022
- HOW TO GUIDE for New/First Time League Players!
- HOW TO CREATE A TEAM in Tennislink
- Setting up your team – TEAM SETTINGS – Determine whether your team is Closed, Closed but Seeking, or Open
- How to View Your Team’s Schedule | WATCH
- How to Enter Your Match Scores | WATCH
- How to Correct Match Scores
- How to View Your Teams Standings | WATCH
- USTA Captain Corner
- New Captains Information Sheet
- Team Connect – Find a Team/Find a Player
- Team Management Tool – Captains Guide
- Team Management Tool – Players Guide
- USTA iPhone App – Download Now
REGULATIONS TO NOTE….
- In 2022, Piedmont leagues will remain 3 doubles for 40 & over Adult Spring League. State championships and southern sectionals will be 3 doubles/1 singles.
- Local playoff matches DO NOT count toward qualifying players for minimum required matches played to be eligible for State Championships.
- Players will need to have played in 2 matches locally to play in team playoff match for USTA Adult Spring League
USTA Account & Membership
Players who do not have an NTRP Rating must self-rate in accordance with the General & Experienced Player guidelines available through Tennislink when registering for a team.
USTA league matches are assigned to various court locations around the Piedmont area. Be sure to consult your team’s match schedule on Tennislink to verify the locations and times of all your matches.
NOTE: Piedmont leagues are not Home/Away based. Being the “Home” team means your team is responsible for supplying the balls.
BOTH teams must agree to move a match location. Captains are responsible for contacting the original location prior to the match time to notify them of the change.
GRETA Summer Captains Promotion
- Captains Register for $3.00 – March 25-31,2022 – Mixed, NCTA Singles & Summer DAZE Doubles
- Only 1 captain per team
- Team and Player registration begins on April 1 at the $26 local league fee
GRETA Community Member Testimonials
GRETA has allowed our jr's to get more matches and play time.
"GRETA is all about helping the game of tennis grow in our area. A friend moved here last spring from Atlanta and I reached out to the office for assistance in getting this relocated player involved in a tri-level team. BAM! Registered and on a team in a matter of days."
"After playing recreational tennis 90 minutes a week for a year with my friends, I knew that I wanted to devote more of my time learning this sport I love but I wasn't sure where to start. After getting a recommendation from a member of GRETA, I signed up for the Try Tennis program. Try Tennis introduced me to local tennis pros who helped me start learning proper technique and how to participate in USTA leagues. Thanks to GRETA I am now fully involved in our local tennis community through volunteering opportunities, getting coached by Guilford County tennis pros, and playing weekly tennis with many new friends that I meet playing in Piedmont league matches."