CAPTAINS CORNER & PLAYER RESOURCES
Welcome to the resources page for league captains and players. This page is full of information to keep you informed and in the know for league play in the Piedmont. Each league also has its own dedicated page with more specific details such as season dates and the dates when team registrations open.
Scroll down to view information on rules, NTRP information, tournament information, helpful video links, and much more!
Can’t find what you are looking for contact Susan Brodeur, Piedmont USTA League Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know the Rules
All players, teams, and local leagues must abide by all USTA rules & regulations. The regulations are categorized by geographic areas: Piedmont (our local playing area, North Carolina, Southern Section, and National.
- Piedmont Local League REGULATIONS
- State, National & Southern League REGULATIONS
- Friend at Court and The Code
- The Code is a helpful section in Friend at Court (begins on page 36) that explains rules, etiquette & match play situations.
- Remember, USTA league matches are un-officiated.
- Coman Tie Break Procedure
- Refund Policy for GRETA and USTA NC
League Schedules, Playoffs & Championship Information
- Piedmont Leagues Chart
- Piedmont Match Site Locations
- Spring League Schedule of Play
- Summer League Schedule of Play
- Fall League Schedule of Play
- State Tournament Information
- 2021 State Tournament Wildcard Chart
- Sectional Tournament Information
- 2021 Spring Adult Playoff Schedule
- 2021 Summer Mixed & Singles Playoff Schedule – TBD
- 2021 Fall Combo Doubles Playoff Schedule – TBD
Resources & How To’s
- Captains Meeting Slide Presentation – Spring 2021
- Create a Team on Tennislink
- New Team Types for 2021 – Determine whether your team is Closed, Closed but Seeking, or Open
- Piedmont Team Registration Information
- Register for a Team on Tennislink
- How to View Your Team’s Schedule | WATCH
- How to Enter Your Match Scores | WATCH
- How to Correct Match Scores
- How to View Your Teams Standings | WATCH
- USTA Captain Corner
- New Captains Information Sheet
- Team Connect – Find a Team/Find a Player
- Team Management Tool – Captains Guide
- Team Management Tool – Players Guide
- USTA iPhone App – Download Now
REGULATIONS TO NOTE….
- In 2021, Piedmont leagues will remain 3 doubles for 40 & over Adult Spring League. State championships and southern sectionals will be 3 doubles/1 singles.
- Local playoff matches DO NOT count toward qualifying players for minimum required matches played to be eligible for State Championships.
- Players will need to have played in 2 matches locally to play in team playoff match for USTA Adult Spring League
- Effective January 2021, the plus (+) leagues have been eliminated for USTA Adult League. This effects 18 & Over 5.0+ and 40 & Over 4.5+ leagues. These leagues are now 18 & Over 5.0 (4.5 and 5.0 NTRP players are eligible for this league) and 40 & Over 4.5 (4.0 & 4.5 NTRP players are eligible for this league.)
- 18 & Over OPEN league will be available for 5.0 and above players. The 40 & Over OPEN league will be available for 4.5 and above NTRP players. NTRP ratings are not calculated for these 2 leagues.
USTA Account & Membership
Players who do not have an NTRP Rating must self-rate in accordance with the General & Experienced Player guidelines available through Tennislink when registering for a team.
USTA league matches are assigned to various court locations around the Piedmont area. Be sure to consult your team’s match schedule on Tennislink to verify the locations and times of all your matches.
NOTE: Piedmont leagues are not Home/Away based. Being the “Home” team means your team is responsible for supplying the balls.
BOTH teams must agree to move a match location. Captains are responsible for contacting the original location prior to the match time to notify them of the change.
League VIP Incentive
- Do you really LOVE to play tennis? This is the incentive for you! Play on 10 teams in 2020, and get your 11th team registration FREE!
Note: These teams, including the 11th team, must be within the 2020 calendar year. Only Leagues that advance to a State Championship count towards the total teams played (Adult, Mixed, Combo, Singles, Tri-Level).
Growth League Incentive
- Are you playing in one of our Growth Leagues – 30 & Under, Fireball Bar League, Racquets & Jackets Winter League, etc? Have you thought about playing in an Advancing League with USTA? If you join an Adult, Mixed Doubles, Combo, Tri-Level, or NCTA Singles league for the first time and have previously played in one of our Growth Leagues, you can get reimbursed for your first league fee!
Bring a Friend to Tennis
- Are you getting your friends involved in tennis? For every new or returning player you bring to USTA, you will receive $10!
Note: a returning player is defined as someone who has not played on any league team from 2016-2019.
GRETA Summer Captains Promotion
- Captains Register for $3.00 – DATES TBD – Mixed, NCTA Singles & Tri-Level
- Only 1 captain per team
- Team and Player registration begins on April 15 at the $26 local league fee
GRETA Community Member Testimonials
GRETA has allowed our jr's to get more matches and play time.
"GRETA is all about helping the game of tennis grow in our area. A friend moved here last spring from Atlanta and I reached out to the office for assistance in getting this relocated player involved in a tri-level team. BAM! Registered and on a team in a matter of days."
"After playing recreational tennis 90 minutes a week for a year with my friends, I knew that I wanted to devote more of my time learning this sport I love but I wasn't sure where to start. After getting a recommendation from a member of GRETA, I signed up for the Try Tennis program. Try Tennis introduced me to local tennis pros who helped me start learning proper technique and how to participate in USTA leagues. Thanks to GRETA I am now fully involved in our local tennis community through volunteering opportunities, getting coached by Guilford County tennis pros, and playing weekly tennis with many new friends that I meet playing in Piedmont league matches."