Welcome to USTA Piedmont Leagues Tennis
USTA Leagues are a lot of fun and a great way to meet new tennis friends! Although the first registration may be a bit cumbersome, once you are setup with the various accounts, registrations after that are quick and easy. To get you started, there a some things to take care of and some need to know information to help you on your way.
Information on each of the leagues as well as information on the many tennis offerings in our area can be found on our website at GRETANC.com under the LEAGUES tab. GRETA is the local Community Tennis Association (CTA) under the USTA umbrella and we are here to support, promote and grow local tennis programming. Piedmont leagues play year round and it is important for players to be aware of the various registration dates and offerings. A summary of league seasons can be found on our LEAGUE webpage.
Team registration for 2022 spring league play opens on January 1 and closes for teams on February 6. Players may continue to join teams but teams can no longer be added after that date. League play for the USTA Adult League season officially beings on March 1. We try to hold off starting if at all possible to allow the nicer weather to arrive but plan to begin play the first week of March. The summer league registration will open April 1 for Singles, Mixed Doubles and Summer Doubles, plus Tri-Level League Tournament.
There are 4 primary things you will need to begin league play:
- Tennislink Account
- NTRP Rating
- USTA Membership
- Team registration (team number)
1. Log In or Create Your Tennislink Account
TennisLink is the official system for USTA Adult Leagues, USTA Tournaments, USTA Flex Leagues and USTA Junior Team Tennis. It is also the official system for reporting scores, providing standings for the League season and for all League championship advancement. If you do not have an account in TENNISLINK, you will need to create an account with USTA. Once you create a Tennislink account and you are assigned a number, it is yours forever. Even if you purchase a USTA membership and it expires, the account number is yours forever.
Brand new to USTA
Leagues and have never
had a tennislink account?
Have a USTA tennislink
account, and your rating
Not sure if you have a tennislink account or you’re having trouble logging in?
Please call 800-990-USTA (8782) and they will be able to assist you with your account.
2. Obtain Your NTRP Rating
To play in USTA leagues you must also have an NTRP (National Tennis Rating Program). This system is designed to place players in leagues with players of similar skill levels. More information on NTRP ratings with videos and guidelines can be found on GRETA’s Captains/Players Resources page.
Now that you’re logged into your account profile, you can get your NTRP rating assigned. (Make sure you use a laptop or PC, not a tablet or smartphone. Chrome or Safari works best with tennislink.)
- Click on the tab labeled “USTA LEAGUE” and then click on the blue “SELF RATE” button in the middle of the page. You’ll see a window pop up (make sure your pop up block is off.)
- You’ll be asked a few questions about your background and history related to the sport of tennis. Once you’ve answered these questions, you will be assigned an NTRP rating. You’ll then be asked if you’d like to accept the rating that you were assigned or if you’d like to appeal your rating up or down. Make a selection and click submit. If you choose to appeal your rating, it will go through the self rate appeal process. The self rate committee will review your appeal and provide a decision.
- Click here for USTA’s NTRP Player Guidelines.
3. USTA Membership
Once you get connected to a team, you will need a USTA Membership. A USTA MEMBERSHIP is required to compete in most local leagues and specifically those that advance to state, sectional and national champtionship. The cost for a USTA membership is $44.00 per year which allows you to play USTA Adult League in the spring, Mixed, Singles & Tri-Level in the summer and Southern Combo Doubles in the fall, plus various USTA local leagues and USTA tournaments, and includes a subscription to Tennis Magazine. Below is the link to purchase your USTA Membership.
4. Team Registration
Once you have your Tennislink account, NTRP rating and USTA Membership, you just have one more step before joining us on the courts, TEAM REGISTRATION! The Piedmont local league fee to play in most leagues is $26 per team registration. Court fees run $5.00 per match at most sites in the area. If you have been given a team number from a local captain, this is what you will use to register for their team. To complete your team registration, login to your Tennislink account and click on the blue box on the left handside of the page for REGISTER WITH A TEAM #. On this page, you will enter the team number and any other information not automatically populated and scroll down to click on the CONTINUE button to proceed to the league fee payment page. Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email receipt and from their you are on your way to playing! Your team captain will work with players for availability and scheduling for matches.
Welcome to USTA Piedmont Leagues! As the Director of GRETA and also the Local League Coordinator, I am happy to assist in making your journey out on the courts as smooth and successful as possible. Please feel free to reach out with any questions: email@example.com
Executive Director | Piedmont USTA Local League Coordinator
- USTA Adult Spring League Team & Player Registration OPENS January 1, 2022 and team registration CLOSES February 6, 2022.
- Summer leagues (Mixed Doubles, Singles & Summer DAZE Doubles) begin registering April 1st for league play late May – Aug.
- Fall Leagues (Combo Doubles & Fall Singles) begin registering for league play Aug-Oct.
- Be sure to sign up for GRETA’s email distribution list to receive information on all league offerings, tournaments, community tennis events and all things tennis in our community! https://www.gretanc.com NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP tab is located in the bottom right corner of home page.