HOW TO REGISTER A USTA TEAM ON TENNISLINK
HOW TO SET UP A TEAM IN TENNISLINK
*YOU MUST HAVE A USTA MEMBERSHIP TO REGISTER FOR A TEAM OR TO CREATE A TEAM
- Go to Tennis Link
- Log in with your USTA number and click on “Register for a Team.”
- At the top of the next page, you will see: Register for a Team you will need a USTA Account and a team # provided by a Team Captain or Local League Coordinator. If you need to create a new team # online, “click here”.
- Select Section: USTA Southern
- Select Area District: North Carolina
- Select Sub/Area: Piedmont Area
- Select League: (i.e.18 & over) choose your division
- Select Flight: (i.e. 4.0 Women) choose your flight
- Select Day/Time of Play (i.e. Evening) choose time you would like to play
- Enter Team Name – Captains Last Name(s) (i.e. Johnson or Johnson/Smith)
- **PLEASE NOTE NEW SOUTHERN REGULATION for 2022: The Southern Adult League Committee added a regulation for 2022 which requires us to use standardized team names. Your team’s name must be CAPTAINS LAST NAME(S)
- If we have a flight with the same last name and no-co-captain, we will add the first initial of first name.
- Select Team Type – OPEN, CLOSED or CLOSED but Seeking
- Open – Any player who meets the level criteria can register directly on this team.
Captains will be notified via email when a player has registered for their team.
- Closed – Traditional USTA team type, players must be provided with a team number by
captain/coordinator in order to register for the team.
- Closed but Seeking – Players searching for teams in your league may send a notification via email to captains with this setting. You will receive an email with player information and may contact them if you have availability on your team roster to have them join your team.
- If you would like to receive notification from players seeking a team in your league, click on the CHECK BOX for Receive Notification of Unassigned Players.
- Associate with a facility.
- If it isn’t listed, CLICK ON “other facility” and type in your preferred facility name.
- You do not need to associate your team with a specific facility.
- A preferred facility does not designate this as a “Home” facility. Piedmont leagues are NOT home/away based.
- If requesting a private club as your preferred facility, please check with facility staff to confirm if your team is eligible to request the facility. Many of the clubs have specific requirements for scheduling.
- Click Submit and WRITE DOWN YOUR TEAM NUMBER
- Print a copy of your confirmation with your team number to give to players. Your players must have the 10 digit team number to register.
- Be sure to note the important registration dates and have your players complete their registrations prior to deadline to have minimum players on your team roster.
For additional questions e-mail: Susan Brodeur at email@example.com