“Why wait until high school to join a tennis team? USTA Junior Team Tennis brings together boys and girls, ages 6 to 18, to play singles, doubles against other coed teams.
Beyond being fun and a great form of exercise, Junior Team Tennis is a competitive, level-based environment that promotes individual growth, social growth and life skills. Don’t wait Get in the Game!”
JTT is a 6-8 weeks local program that is non-gender specific (teams are not required to have a certain numbers of boys and girls)
Junior Team Tennis Divisions
Age Groups: 18U, 14U, 12U, 10U and 8U Play Levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced *Champion Track is available within sone divisons upon request
All divisions will play on Sunday’s at 1:00 p.m. Courts: UNCG – University of North Carolina, Greensboro, local surrounding Tennis clubs
Team Registration is now OPEN! The cost to register is $46. Additional fees to consider are USTA Junior Memberships -$20 if you are 10 and under and new to USTA, They will offer a free 1 year Junior Membership $20 value
10 and Under USTA free membership:
use codes: FYFE – for English & FYFS – for Spanish. For anyone that needs a team, please email Cari Powell at email@example.com with the child’s name, age, division he/she would like to play in and location where you would like to play. Cari will help form teams whenever possible.
Check out our previous
years Junior Team Tennis Videos:
- A player may play 1 singles line & 1 doubles lines per match. A player may also play both rounds of doubles. However, a player may not play 2 singles lines in a match.
- A match may be played with as few as three players, or as many as six. For example, if only 3 players are available (Annie, Bella & Connor), then in Round 1, Annie could play singles, while Bella & Connor play doubles. In Round 2, either Bella or Connor could play singles, and Annie would play doubles with the remaining player.
- There are no restrictions on the max # of players, but a suggested team roster would be 8 players to ensure players get ample playtime. Roster size should be based on player availability.
- Each player is required to play at least 2 different team matches, in order to advance to the State Tournament (spring season only). Retirements count toward the 2 matches, but defaults do not.
- In order to receive a schedule, a team must have 4 players registered in Tennislink by the last day of team registration.
- Defaulting a court or an entire match is highly discouraged. A court Fee of $5 will be billed for every defaulted court. If you default 2 courts within in 1 season everyone on your team will not be eligible to to advance to state that season or participate as a team the following season. If you default a court at the State level your team will not receive their Team Deposit back.
- JTT uses the traditional tiebreak method (not the Coman used in adult play).The match winner is determined by the total # of games won. As a result, it’s possible for a team to lose 3 of the 4 lines in a match, but still win the match, based on total points won. No subs are allowed in JTT local play.
PARENTS are required to volunteer to be Team Managers & Co Team Managers to help organize teams before matches, at match site on game day, exchange line ups and communicating scores. (see JTT Team Managers/Parents Corner)